Your network cabling system is the single most important part of a network system.
Data networks are being asked to do more than ever before. As technology continues to evolve, the corporate network must support voice, data, video and multimedia applications. The growing size of networks and the introduction of higher-speed access methods create an overwhelming need for reliable, manageable cabling systems. Careful planning will prevent congestion that can dramatically diminish your network performance.
Icon Group installs Local Area Networks and is experienced and certified in several media including Fiber Optics and Category 5e. We provide the tools and equipment necessary to test and certify our installations. We do:
- LAN/WAN Design – Whether your project is a new network, an upgrade or an expansion, certified network architects will create a plan that includes both logical and physical designs.
- Data Cabling – We offer professional installation of Cat 3 (Voice), Cat 5/5e (Data or Voice), and Cat 6 1 (Data or Voice) PVC and Plenum cabling, racks, patch panels, phone blocks and other related items.
- Hardware installation – We can install all the necessary hardware to update or extend your current network including the configuration of hubs, router, and firewalls.
- Migration – Whether you need to move to a new building, or simply move a computer from one office to the next, Icon Group can help.
- Network Setup – We offer complete installation of your Local Area Network, servers, network hubs, routing and complete network design.
- Maintenance – We will be there for all your adds, moves and changes. Whether it’s for installing a cable, moving a department, or installing cross connects and whether you need us once a month, once a week, Icon Group will deliver.
Icon Group can create the cabling infrastructure to keep your data networks running at their peak.
We have highly skilled cabling technicians on staff that can take you and your business from beginning to end with networking your computer system.
- Initial Site Survey – The ideal situation is for one of our cabling engineers to be part of your planning process. He is available to discuss your plans before you hit the drawing table and can assess your business needs and make preliminary recommendations.
- Planning & Design – Just as locating where outlets and wiring are installed determines where lights can go in a room, positioning your data and voice cabling runs makes all the difference in accessibility and convenience to your computer systems. When blueprints are created, the electrician designates where outlets will be, the plumber marks where the input and output of water will be – it’s the same for data cabling. Getting data and voice cabling in before walls are finished is critical to cost efficiencies when building, renovating or adding on to office workspaces.
- Installation – Mishandled cable or cable not installed by a certified technician means headaches for you. Many factors go into the configuration of your hardware and software to enable you to benefit from “plug ‘n’ play” technologies. Our technicians have been trained following stringent installation methods and practices that have been set by the telecommunications wiring industry. This attention to proper methods and procedures ensures that your data cabling has been handled appropriately and is installed to run efficiently & effectively.
- Identification – Schematic drawings can streamline the process of pinpointing technical glitches in your network. Our technicians and engineers can provide you with dimensional drawings and identification of all the components to your network.
- Certification – The right materials and correct installation practices for today’s leading edge connectivity is an investment not to be taken lightly and can make all the difference in the efficiency of your information systems. Certification means that your network will perform at optimum capacity because cabling industry standards were followed.