Keep your business communications running at speed of light.
Satellite communications provide always-on internet that delivers data, voice and video faster, more efficiently, more reliably and to more remote places around the globe than ever before. Satellite-based network solutions bypass terrestrial last mile gridlock, providing each of your widespread offices – no matter where they’re located – with always-on, high-speed access to all of the bandwidth-intensive content on your corporate intranet. Once you’ve created a virtual private network you can leverage that infrastructure with a wide variety of services.
Enterprise networking for data, video and audio applications from credit card authorization, online banking and corporate intranet to interactive distance learning, nationwide or worldwide.
Bundled telephony and Internet solutions that converge voice, data and the Web for corporate, government and public telephony – private telephone networks, rural call offices and remote business and home phone, fax and Internet connections that bridge the digital divide.
Internet access and broadband IP, with high-speed, always-on interactive connectivity for Internet-based unicast, multicast and interactive content delivery applications anytime, anywhere.
Space segment for your point-to-point links, Solutions for quick GSM back haul provisioning, Video and Audio for TV, radio and special events etc.
Military communications Solutions, for discreet and secure communication requirements for HQ and field operations, Communications on the move, quick deploy etc.
It’s easier than ever to get started with satellite communications. As experienced professionals we can guide you through the process and install all the necessary equipment, starting with the satellite dish.
The right dish for you will depend on the services you want.
Some satellite equipment is proprietary for the service provider you choose to subscribe to. You will have to buy the equipment that they require. There are three basic sizes of satellite dishes and their size determines which signals they can receive.
- TVRO (Television Receive Only) are the largest satellite dishes, generally 2-3 meters across. They can move in order to pick up different satellites and different programming. TVRO dishes pick up C-band microwave transmissions that are generally television programs.
They are often used as a SMATV that feeds into a head-end for distribution. Businesses, campus, apartments can use a TVRO dish to receive a variety of programming and then send it to different parts of their video distribution network. Do to their size and weight, installation generally requires some construction to properly anchor the dish. They can be mounted on the roof of a large building or on the ground.
- VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) dishes range from 1.2 to 3.8 meters in diameter. They can be smaller than TVRO dishes because they receive a more powerful signal in the KU band. New VSAT dishes can also receive the Ka band, which is even more powerful than the Ku band.
Satellite dishes large than 3.8 meters, suitable for large operators for both large links and also special purpose links like inclined orbit. Dish sizes from 3.7 meter to 13 meter with auto tracking.
VSAT are used for two-way communications of video, voice, and data for business applications. Satellite internet, virtual private networks, IP multicast, and Voice-over-IP are all done with VSAT. Do to its smaller size VSAT dishes are much easier to install and require little or no construction. They can be mounted on the roof or even the side of a building.
- DBS (Direct Broadcast System) dishes are the smallest dishes, generally 18″ – 36″ across. Medium and high-powered satellites operating in the microwave Ku band broadcast DBS. These high-powered, high frequency satellites make it possible for the signals to be picked up on a small dish.
The most common use of DBS systems is residential satellite TV. Digital compression makes it possible to have many channels on a single satellite. The current major DBS systems that are operating in the USA are DIRECTV and DISH Network. Some business services are provided by DBS satellite systems including Hughes’s DirecWay system. Installation is very easy. Due to its size and weight the dish can be installed almost anywhere it can see the satellite, including roofs, walls, and fences.
Icon Group Installation Services can take care of each step, from providing the right equipment to quality installations.
Satellite dish installation is only part of what we do. We’ll take you through the planning, purchasing, and installation of your new satellite dish.
- Choose your Services – Most VSAT and all DBS systems are proprietary to the service provider. You’ll need to decide first which services you want and which provider you’ll subscribe to. They will tell you or sell you the proper equipment to receive their broadcast.
TVRO programming is more independent. There is a great deal of free programming and you may switch satellites to receive different pay programming from different providers. The size of your TVRO dish will determine to some extent which satellites you can receive. We can determine the size of the dish necessary for your location.
- Choose the Dish and Receiver – Once you’re chosen the services you want, Icon Group can help you choose the equipment you’ll need. From dish to receiver we can make sure everything works together. There are 3 basic components to a satellite system.
- Satellite Dish – consists of a mounting foot, support arm and the actual dish.
- LNB (Low Noise Block) is the part that sits on the support arm above the center of the dish. This is what actually collect the signal and sends it through the coax cable to the receiver.
- Receiver – This is the brains of the operation. This box converts the digital signal and relays it to your television, phone system, or data network.
- Site Survey and Installation – Proper placement is essential to getting a good signal. A site survey locates sources of interference and helps to decide on the best location for the dish. If any reinforcement of the site is necessary, we’ll take care of it. After the dish is installed, we’ll calibrate the dish for optimum signal capture.
- Cabling and Network Integration – Connecting the satellite to the receiver is only part of what we do. We can help you integrate the dish into your existing network or design a network from the ground up.
Icon Group can offer nationwide professional installation. We can manage all aspects of your installation, inside and out. To further discuss your project requirements, call us at +256 312 104719