No matter how your network grows throughout its life span, a structured cabling system that is flexible and reliable will adapt to meet new demands.
Today’s businesses require advanced information technology to maintain a competitive advantage. As technology continues to evolve, the corporate network must support voice, data, video and multimedia applications. The growing size of networks and the introduction of higher-speed access methods create an overwhelming need for reliable, manageable cabling systems. Careful planning will prevent congestion that can dramatically diminish your network performance. At the same time, a successful enterprise demands flexibility to meet the constant change of personnel and equipment.
Designed to accommodate frequent moves, adds and changes, a structured cabling system is the foundation of the modern information network. Through all the changes and challenges that confront your business, a structured cabling system can alleviate the workflow disruption and network downtime associated with office restructuring. No other component in your network has a longer life cycle or requires such close consideration.
A structured cabling system provides a universal platform upon which an overall information system’s strategy is built. With a flexible cabling infrastructure, a structured cabling system can support multiple voice, data, video and multimedia systems regardless of their manufacturer. A well-designed cabling plant may include several independent cabling solutions of different media types, installed at each workstation to support multiple system performance requirements.
- Copper Solutions – The Enhanced Cat 5 (Cat 5e) solutions ensure your cabling system’s ability to support the application performance you expect. Icon Group can provide a Cat 5e, or a Cat 6 (draft), solution that will exceed TIA Cat 5e performance requirements and give your network an edge today and tomorrow. The structured cabling market always moves at incredible speeds, introducing new designs and emerging standards before the old are ones obsolete. Icon Group partners with leading edge manufacturers to offer solutions that will grow with your business while future-proofing your cabling infrastructure.
- Fiber Optic Solutions – For maximum versatility and durability, a fiber optic cabling solution can be implemented into your network. Fiber offers speed and reliability from the building entrance to the desktop, whether it is in the office or on the factory floor. Fiber cable also provides greater bandwidth and longer transmission distances while improving the overall efficiency of your network. A fiber optic solution in your building or campus environment provides a secure link for your multiple application network.
- Low-voltage Cabling – Structured cabling isn’t limited to data and voice networks. It can include music and paging systems, CCTV and security systems, fire alarms, and access control.
Structured Cabling will prepare you for tomorrow
The structured cabling infrastructure is design to be relatively independant of the voice/video/data network that uses it, so that either can be updated with a minimum of rework to the cable plant.
As an investment, structured cabling provides exceptional returns. A structured cabling system will outlive all other networking components. It requires minimal upgrades–and ultimately saves your business both time and money. While you pay a little more up-front for the extra cabling, you save tremendously by foregoing the labor cost of pulling addition wire.
Structured cabling has a number of advantages.
- Consistency – An SCS means the same cables exist everywhere in the building. You’ll know what to expect instead of encountering layers of old cabling with unknown destinations.
- Support for multi-vendor equipment – A standards-based cable plant will support your applications and hardware even after you change or mix & match vendors. Upgrading will be highly simplified.
- Simplify moves/adds/changes – People and equipment are constantly moving locations. With structured cabling the network resources are always there and ready to go. There’s no waiting for someone to make a drop in a new room.
- Simplify troubleshooting – Even cables that were installed correctly can fail — and they do. With a structured wiring system, problems are easier to isolate, easier to fix and less likely to down the entire network.
- Support for future applications – If you install a Cat 5, or even Cat 6 compliant system, your cable plant will support future applications with little if any system upgrades.
Icon Group can plan and install a structured cabling system that will grow with your company for many years.
Choosing the right cabling system is critical for performance as well as reliability. We can work with you to design a structured cabling system that will accommodate all your low-voltage cabling, include network, video, and voice.